Hello there! [to participants of 75 Days of Action Challenge on Facebook]
I got so excited when I happened onto a tidbit of intriguing information — that Handel wrote the Messiah in 21 days!!
Well after a little digging I gather it was NOT done in 21 days. While that was a bummer to discover as it suited our purpose here so sweetly, it appears he still impressed!
He completed the Messiah — ‘one’ of the most beautiful pieces of music, imho — in 24 days. Another source said 25 days; all 3 sections, 53 separate pieces, choruses, recitatives and airs in twenty-four days! It’s reported that he worked so steadily during these 3 weeks he often forgot to eat.
Fact is A WHOLE LOT can be done in 3 short weeks.
SO — what have you decided to accomplish over the next 21 days?
You can take your life in a whole new and inspired direction or you can complete something started and needs to be fully realized or you can begin a new series of behaviors that will lead to your highest and best self.
Whatever it is…START it TODAY.
TAKE ACTION TODAY. 🙂
“RIGHT ACTION” are those actions that if done daily WILL take you to the place you most long to be. This is intentionally left open for interpretation.
This is my interpretation: Right actions for me on a daily basis are connected to universal love. Starting with my well-being, they keep me healthy, organized, productive and focused on loving and helping people.
- Universal love is right action.
- Personal health is right action.
- Service is right action.
- Productivity is right action.
So on a daily basis, I do things to remain healthy – emotionally, mentally and spiritually. This used to be a long list of PMD’s – [personal must-do’s, I actually used a chart and still encourage others to do this] that I checked off daily. Today much of it is on automatic because deeply ingrained habits have been created.
I also do things daily in the service of others.
On a daily basis – with some exceptions, I try to be productive at my highest level. Sometimes that productivity is about order and organization, like today, a couple of hours will be spent on my office space.
This is how I conceive of and implement “right action.” What’s important is for you to be crystal clear about what your daily right actions must be in order for you to create your highest and best possible life.
Over the next 21 days I suggest you spend time DAILY engaged in those right actions you decided upon during our planning phase – the last 2 days.
Suggested Activities for today:
1) Write out clearly what your daily actions will be (you have the opportunity here to create multiple new habits – GO FOR IT!)
2) Select a combination of daily actions that support each other. For instance if early bedtime/rising [or any other personal routine] is your desire, select a series of actions that will make that happen. Often what we wish to accomplish requires specific PLANNING, setting up the environment, supportive personal behavior and informing others and so forth.
If it’s implementing an idea…write out ALL of the action steps required and then break it up in 21 portions, doing a specific set of things each day.
3) Continue your symbolic actions and any others you started in the last series…or decided to begin today.
4) Create a visual representation of your RIGHT ACTIONS – draw it, use clip art or pictures…Create something you can see daily.
5) Contact your accountability partner and discuss your plans – use whatever format works and you haven’t try SKYPE…
NOTICE: if anyone would like an accountability partner, there is someone in touch with me who would like to team up. Let me know asap.
6) Write about the challenges you anticipate and your plan for handling each one of them [if you haven’t already, have a book/journal dedicated to this journey, random pieces of paper will not work]
7) Have fun, smile, laugh…share your enthusiasm and excitement with someone.
That’s seems like a lot…but it’s worth the time and effort. Recall your initial excitement about these 75 days and the reasons you signed up…isn’t the desired outcome worth the investment of time and effort?
Have a MAGNIFICENT day! I wish you breathtakingly beautiful moments of love and peace and joy….
Love & Light,
Filed under: 21 Days Events - Topics, 21 Days of Right Action, 75 days of Action Challenge | Tagged: 21 Days of Right Action, Day 1 of Right Action, Handel's Messiah, Take action today | Leave a comment »